Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I am HERE!




During my first flight from Raleigh to ATL, I was EXTREMELY nervous. As the plane began to take off, I knew I was going to die. I said to myself, well this is it. I held my boyfriend's hand the entire flight. At times I almost squeezed it off. And it was a smooth flight, there was no turbulence. When we got to ATL, I almost wanted to just forget the trip and drive back to NC. But obviously I didnt.

Even though I was nervous, the flight went quickly, and I was surprised when the pilot said we were beginning our decent.

We had a four and a half layover in ATL. And it went by fairly quickly.


Before the flight, I took two benedryll to make me sleepy. It kinda of worked.


During the take off from ATL, I was only 50% sure that the plane was going to fall out of the sky. I asked God to please help me stop being afraid. After I had been in the air for about 45 minutes, I was getting tired of my irrational thoughts.
I decided to read the magazine in the seat in front of me. I said well, I will read it cover to cover and by the time I finish reading it, we will be in San Juan. I figured that if I filled my mind with words, then I couldnt think about scarey things. It helped some. I began to get a little groggy, so I dozed off. It felt like I would doze off for five minutes and then wake up. However, when I heard the pilot say, we will begin our decent momentarily, It didnt seem like we had been in the air that long.

I am thrilled to be here. It has been a wonderful life changing experience, and I thank God for allowing me to be here. There is nothing greater than traveling the world with someone you love, and traveling by yourself is a not so distant second.
There are so many other places that I would like to see, and I pray that God gives me the courage to do so.

For now, Ill concentrate on enjoying my last two days on this island and not worrying about the flights back.
I pray to God that I am not afraid, and I pray that I am not afraid even during turbulence.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment